Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Wax and Wire - Loch Lomond [HQ]



"Well I'd wade ten thousand klicks for  just one more chance.
Just one more chance, to see your face again."
So much has happened in the past 6 month, so many memories I won't ever forget. The dream is over but it lives on in my mind, forever immortalised in those countless glorious frozen moments. Every time I listen to this song it makes me unbearably sad. I remember it was playing our last night together. I remember it in a series of snapshots: the frosted glass doors half open, a ray splayed over the wooden floor. You were sitting on the windowsill using your computer. The electric, almost-too saturated blue of the neon sign of the bar below on the house opposite.

It was morning. The sun was shining through the windows. I came down to find you were almost ready.

"I'm not good at goodbyes,"

A hug; and you were gone from my life. I was left with the key to your apartment. And that was it. The past 6 months and all my experiences are now past tense. I miss those days. I can never sleep as well I did in Europe, I don't know why. Back home I am back to tossing around an hour or more, waiting for sleep to claim me. I never had such problems there. Thesis in my final year is such stress, it weighs down almost physically; a constant humming in the background. Life will never be the same.

In some way this is a sorrowful farewell to my time there. A very painful one.

No comments: