Sunday, August 10, 2014

8 months later I'm back again. Much has happened. This is actually quite the understatement. Since December I have:

-Completed my thesis
-Graduated
-Found a job
-Gotten interested in astrophotography.

Whoa what just happened huh? Seems like I have advanced into the next stage of life. Looking at some of the older posts, makes me realise I have left behind the life of contstantly staying in school till 11pm, rushing my work and coming back on weekends. This is both good, and bad I guess. School offers a lot of experiences either way.

Problem now with me is that I feel empty. I don't know. Am I broken? Sometimes I feel like I am. The issue with school is that you always head back on the weekends to do work and time flies. Not just that, you get to socialize. Now that I'm working, the weekends are just so...empty.

I go to work, get home, relax, sleep, rinse, repeat. Then on the weekends I struggle to find stuff to do now that I have a proper work life balance. I love my work, I enjoy the Company, and I can foresee myself staying there (if they'd let me!) so in a sense, this is it. This is life. Doing fine on the family side. Staying on the work side. My future is pretty much clear. And yet there's always something missing.

I need something to fill my weekends with. I find sometimes I'm perfectly comfortable diving into a torrent (ha-ha) of movies, tv series, books, and games. Then when I surface for air, I realise I never really keep in contact with people outside of this. And I can't seem to sustain human relationships for long. Not with new people I meet. Classmates are a different story. What's wrong with me? I can make friends but I can't seem to keep them around for long.


No comments: